Opera Web Pass
Click, pick & surf
Subscriptions done differently
The Opera Web Pass offers operators a whole new way to package and market the mobile internet to existing and potential customers. With the Opera Web Pass, gone are the days of confusing, megabyte-based data plans that did not suit user needs, which created a barrier to getting online. The Opera Web Pass allows operators, in a flexible and cost-efficient way, to package time or site specific data-offerings to their users — a straightforward process that is very similar to the way users buy apps today. The subscriptions are easy for users to understand and are fit for purpose.
Give users the mobile internet when and where they want it
With the Opera Web Pass, operators can decide how to package subscriptions to be the most user-centric for their markets. Subscriptions can be time based, content based or a combination of the two. The Opera Web Pass is a win-win for both the operator and its users. The Opera Web Pass platform enables operators to package scalable, cost-effective subscriptions that suit user needs, stimulate the market and bring more users online, all while giving users the browsing experience promised by the web pass subscription they buy.
Opera Web Pass solution
The Opera Web Pass leverages the existing capabilities of the Opera Mini platform. The combination of Opera Mini data compression technology with provisioning and business logic functionality provides operators with a scalable tool to provide cost-effective data bundles that match their users’ needs. Requiring minimal integration work (support for Opera Mini zero rating, third-party billing and header forwarding), an operator can quickly and easily deploy tailor-made Opera Web Pass subscription packages to their entire user base.
How Opera Web Pass works
Users browse the Opera Web Pass storefront and pick the pass that works for them. When a web pass has been activated the Opera Mini client simply routes the traffic to the zero-rated server for as long as the subscription package is valid. When the package expires, traffic is routed back to the premium-rated server, unless the user has picked a new pass.
Opera Web Pass benefits
- Lower the barriers to mobile-internet entry to get more users online.
- Target new customer segments.
- Deliver the internet where and when the user needs it.
- Manage usage volume.
- Control subscription targeting, packaging and messaging.
- Take advantage of quick, scalable, cost-effective and flexible deployability and easy integration.
- Deploy tailored data subscriptions for new customer segments at a low, incremental cost.
- Use improved retail intelligence to drive mobile-internet adoption.
- Give users instant internet access when and how they need it, with a subscription plan that works for them.
- Liberate users from complexed data-use/MB-based data plans.
- Get users browsing right away with time- or content-based, easy-to-understand subscriptions
- Empower users with total control of their browsing experience: Users enjoy total transparency with their subscriptions and will be prompted by an expiration message when their Opera Web Pass ends or when they access a service that incurs an additional charge.
To learn more about the Opera Web Pass, send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The display of third-party trademarks is for illustration purposes only and does not denote or imply any commercial relationship with the mark owners regarding the Opera Web Pass product.